Opportunity: Housekeeping Supervisor
Supervise housekeeping staff ensuring brand/hotel guest service and sustainability standards are met.
Potential Career Path
Executive Housekeeper – Front Office Manager – Assistant General Manager – General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
Screen job applicants, and hire new employees (in the event housekeeping associates are HHM employees.)
Train staff to clean rooms in an efficient manner according to established standards or partner with external vendor to ensure staff is trained properly.
- Be aware of and communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Issue cleaning supplies and equipment to associates.
- On occasion, clean rooms or assist staff with cleaning rooms.
- Address associate performance and behavior concerns by either direct intervention with HHM associates or through vendor.
- Supervise laundry employees, if applicable.
- Prepare work schedules for HHM associates or provide vendor with anticipated occupancy to ensure proper staffing levels.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Practice safe work habits and wear protective safety equipment.
- Assist in the breakfast area as needed.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience or equivalent training required.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
HHM Benefits and Perks
- Competitive wages for full time and part time opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Commuter Transit and Commuter Parking Benefits
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
- Referral Bonus Program
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, reaching, kneeling, bending.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It