Job Description – Food and Beverage Intern
Responsible for working across several areas of Food & Beverage while providing an excellent guest experience in an attentive, courteous, and efficient way.
Potential Career Path
Food and Beverage Supervisor - Food and Beverage Manager
- Ability to work in all areas of Food & Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference & Events.
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner.
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service.
- Prepare set ups for tables and/or rooms.
- Follow cash handling procedures in accordance to standards.
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives.
- Ensure compliance of brand standards.
- Strive to achieve departmental targets.
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Comply with local licensing laws.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Previous Food & Beverage and/or industry experience desirable.
- Experience with cash handling.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Keyboarding skills and computer literacy.
Work Environment and Context
- Work in an outdoor environment with exposure to various weather conditions.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 75 pounds, bending and reaching.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It