Opportunity: Regional Director of Finance
Leading a team of accounting professionals in a stable and fast-growing, industry-leading hospitality company, this role is responsible for managing and directing the financial activities of full and select service, decentralized properties. The candidate will oversee accounting professionals located on property and be responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate records and financial statements for owned properties. Together with a regional leadership team that includes operations, sales, and revenue, you will play a key role in driving the financial performance of your assigned portfolio. Periodic visits to the hotels are expected.
Potential Career Path
Senior Director of Regional Accounting; VP Finance
Essential Job Functions
- Oversight of budgeting, forecasting, account reconciliation and profit and loss reporting.
- Develop and implement procedures and necessary training to promote the efficient, effective and timely completion of accounting activities by property Directors of Finance and/or Controllers.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Review and approve property financial statements and monthly financial records (monthly packs).
- Research and provide analysis and insight into financial trends, operational issues and variances to budgets and forecasts as needed by the Operations team.
- Coordinate with Asset Management and Corporate Finance to monitor status of ownership lending positions, lender reporting, and capital projects.
- Oversee the accounting and internal control functions of the accounting teams to ensure SOX compliance.
- Assist the accounting management team in the establishment, coordination, and administration of internal control procedures/policies prescribed in the HHMLP Accounting Policies and Procedure Manual and the Narratives (HHMLP P&P’s).
- Communicate with and provide training to the Operations team to assist with compliance of HHMLP P&P’s.
- Assist with both internal and external audits to ensure complete, timely and accurate responses to information requests.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders including, owners, regional leaders, general managers and property accounting leaders.
- Work closely with the Corporate Finance team to ensure effective coordination of activities between Accounting, Operations, and Asset Management and to ensure prompt service to Operations and ownership groups.
- Ensure compliance and satisfaction of all government, company, franchise and ownership requirements throughout job performance.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Previous experience leading an accounting team required.
- Hotel accounting experience strongly preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Requires sitting for extended periods, use of hands and fingers to operate computers and keyboards.
- Travel to region and or properties required.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It