Opportunity: Sous Chef
Assist the Executive Chef in the preparation of food and oversight of kitchen operations in accordance with established food quality, guest service and sustainability standards.
Compensation - $60,000 - $70,000
Potential Career Path
Executive Sous Chef – Chef – Executive Chef
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee preparation and production of menus, development and execution of recipes.
- Manage kitchen operations and assigned staff.
- Ensure staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, in accordance with department standards.
- Develop new menu items, test and create recipes.
- Trains, develops and evaluates personnel with regard to proper use of standard kitchen equipment and tools, techniques and skills.
- Supervise kitchen personnel to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishes and portion sizes are as prescribed.
- Manage budget, monitor costs and operating needs in keeping with overall containment of unnecessary expenditures.
- Direct and develop skills of the team to the achievement of department and area goals.
- Evaluate all direct reports and conduct introductory period and annual performance reviews.
- Maintain an open door policy and address all team member issues and/or concerns in a timely manner.
- Conduct divisional/departmental staff meetings on a monthly basis.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Degree or certification from an accredited culinary program preferred.
- 3 years experience in a managerial position of an upscale and/or high volume food service establishment required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, using fingers and hands, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It