Opportunity: Area Chief Engineer
As Area Chief Engineer overseeing two Marriott branded hotels, you will manage general and preventative maintenance functions to ensure guest service and sustainability standards are achieved and maintained. Our two new hotels are scheduled to open early 2023!
Potential Career Path
Area Chief Engineer – Regional Director of Engineering
Compensation: $90,000 - $100,000
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
- Manage and coordinate bids, quotes and contracts for 3rd party vendors.
- Oversee small projects, or PIPS, and manage and report on the work progress.
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings. Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures. Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs, and fixtures.
- Perform minor plumbing functions. Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
- Supervise team in performing preventative maintenance on a scheduled basis and complete work orders as necessary; keep accurate records of PM’s on all rooms and equipment.
- Test, examine, and maintain hotel’s life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records and coordinate compliance of service contracts.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Pre Opening experience preferred.
- High School diploma and/or trade school course work in related field preferred.
- Previous supervisory engineer/maintenance experience required or equivalent training.
- Certifications may be required.
- HVAC certification is required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends or alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It