Hersha Hospitality Management - Rooms Intern
Interns are exposed to many facets of the hospitality industry and work closely with the hotel’s management team, as well as HHM’s regional leaders.
Position functions may include:
- Will work closely with hotel management and General Managers to complete projects as assigned.
- Will rotate through various functions such as Front Office, Housekeeping and Accounting to gain a general understanding of the different functions within a hotel.
- Learn various systems used in the hotel such as property management systems, financial and reporting systems.
- Assist in analyzing and ensuring practice of guest service standards at hotels.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A full-time student working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality.
- Previous work experience in the hospitality field preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage information flow.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to work on independent tasks.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform extremely well when faced with managing multiple priorities under time constraints.
- A long-term focus on developing a career within a fast growing and entrepreneurial company.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It