Opportunity: Sales and Event Manager
A day in the life of a Sales and Event Manager at the AC Hotel, Pleasanton has you involved in a variety of tasks and working with several team members and customers. While everyday has a routine, no two here are ever quite the same.
If you’re outgoing, like to serve others, organized, detail-oriented, ready to learn and passionate about building a career in hotel event management or sales, this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
We’re seeking someone with creativity and high energy who comes with passion for designing and executing creative meetings and events. The ideal candidate has proven results in achieving revenue goals while also providing exceptional customer service with clients, vendors, and other team members.
You’ll need self-management and analytical skills, along with the ability to maintain your composure under stress. We want someone who comes with passion for selling and executing creative meetings and events and has excellent customer service and sales skills.
This position involves both aspects of the sales process: selling/closing the business and managing/executing the event logistics. You will be part of a seasoned team that will support you and work with you to help ensure that events taking place in the hotel meet and exceed all expectations.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers, industry organizations and Marriott network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, trade shows, participating in industry member organizations, etc.
- Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply, and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Strives to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Maintains and grows business of existing accounts and identifies and develops new markets.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflicts effectively.
- Conducts creative, thoughtful, and impactful site inspections.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest concerns and obstacles.
- Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and AC hotel’s Brand Standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
Post Sales Event Logistics:
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., BEO’s, event resume, billing, customer correspondence).
- Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
- Works under the guidance of his/her supervisor to forecast event revenue (catering, room rental and audio visual) for his/her groups.
- Greets customer during the event phase and hands off to Banquet Event Operations for the execution of details.
- Ensures hourly associates understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Participates in customer meetings for assigned groups with guidance from his/her supervisor.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
- Conducts customer site inspections and food tastings
- Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
- Follows-up with customer post-event.
- Minimum two years hotel experience is highly preferred (or related hospitality industry)
- Marriott hotel and CI/TY Sales System experience is preferred
- Select Service hotel PMS system FOSSE & MARSHA experience is preferred
Work Environment and Context:
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays and weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lifts up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Moderate travel between hotel and client’s locations required.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It