Opportunity: Conference Services Manager
Manage operation of the Conference Services Department overseeing coordination of conference and meeting groups in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Sales Manager – Director of Catering Sales – Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Plan and conduct pre and post-convention meetings with clients and respective departments.
- Establish rapport with and entertain meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services.
- Conduct walking site inspections throughout property.
- Monitor in-house group activity, providing assistance as needed.
- Communicate with sales, front office and reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs.
- Assign banquet/meeting rooms set up based on needs of clients.
- Review banquet associates’ work to ensure accuracy.
- Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads, and securing re-bookings.
- Coordinate activities of various departments to service accounts.
- Document tracking of group activity. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years' of related experience.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It