Serve beverages and/or food in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, achieving a high level of guest satisfaction.
Rand Tower Hotel is currently hiring for three brand new food & beverage locations concepted by acclaimed Minneapolis chef Daniel del Prado. Bar Rufus, currently open on the first floor, brings classic cocktails and French bistro inspired food to the historic Rand Tower Hotel lobby. Opening in early fall on the fifth floor will be the cocktail lounge, Miaou Miaou, as well as Blondette, the premiere full-service restaurant featuring french dishes with Pacific Northwest ingredients.
Potential Career Path
Beverage Manager/Restaurant Supervisor – Restaurant Manager – Food & Beverage Manager
- Maintain clean and organize bar areas.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Prepare and serve drink and/or food orders.
- If applicable, take orders, and serve and clear food and beverage to guests seated at tables in bar and lounge areas.
- Issue guest check and complete payment process.
- Follow standards for identifying and managing intoxicated guests.
- Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed.
- Complete required side work prior to shift end.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Assist with taking beverage inventory.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma preferred.
- TIPS certified a plus.
- Previous bartending/mixologist experience required or equivalent training.
- Food Sanitation certificate a plus, required within 90 days of employment.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and different shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching with arms.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It