Director of Conference Services and Catering
A day in the life of the Director of Conference Services and Catering at the Hotel Nia, Autograph Collection has you involved in a variety of tasks and working with a number of team members and customers. While everyday has a routine, no two here are ever quite the same.
If you’re outgoing, like to serve others, organized, detail-oriented, ready to learn and passionate about your career in hotel event management and sales, this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Quarterly Incentive Program (uncapped potential)
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Paid time off (Vacation / Sick / Paid Holidays)
- HSA Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and AD&D (employer paid)
- Daily Employee Meals (employer paid)
- Monthly Parking (employer paid)
- Marriott Employee Discounts (Rooms and F&B)
- Cell phone reimbursement program
Essential Job Functions:
- Strives to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Maintains and grows business of existing accounts and identifies and develops new markets.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflicts effectively.
- Conducts creative, thoughtful, and impactful site inspections.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., BEO’s, event resume, billing, customer correspondence).
- Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
- Works under the guidance of his/her supervisor to forecast event revenue (catering, room rental and audio visual) for his/her groups.
- Greets customer during the event phase and hands off to Banquet Event Operations for the execution of details.
- Ensures hourly associates understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Participates in customer meetings for assigned groups with guidance from his/her supervisor.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
- Conducts customer site inspections and food tastings
- Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
- Follows-up with customer post-event.
- Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- 3 to 5 years hotel experience is highly preferred (or related hospitality industry)
- Marriott hotel and CI/TY Sales System experience is preferred
- Luxury hotel experience is preferred
Work Environment and Context:
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe:
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It