Opportunity: Tequila Conocedor
El Paso’s most luxurious hotel, The Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park, is looking to hire a Tequila Conocedor (or agave spirits specialist) to lead our ultra-premium agave program.
We are seeking a positive, sales-driven and enthusiastic candidate who will be responsible for increasing sales and promoting our agave spirits. The ideal candidate will closely interact with our customers, lead staff training/education, and participate in special events, press interviews and social media.
The Tequila Conocedor will work closely with the Director of Food and Beverage and Marketing Team to achieve our goals and objectives.
To excel in this role, you must be a self-starter, have previous experience selling upscale agave spirits, as well as knowledge of inventories and sales and marketing principles.
Potential Career Path
Master Tequila Conocedor
Essential Job Functions
- Understands the hotel and the agave spirits program’s mission, vision and goals.
- Assists guests in the selection of agave spirits to accompany food choices, enhancing the dining experience and promoting sales
- Sources and presents Director of Food and Beverage with selection of new agave spirits
- Maintain accurate inventory controls of tequila and agave selection
- Ensure up to date cataloging and presentation of tequila and agave selection with the use of chosen digital platform(s)
- Coordinates special agave spirits events
- Leads staff education & training and mentors staff to ensure we offer the highest level of service to our customers
- Inspires and delights our guests with their agave spirits service
- Commits to fostering an environment of excellence in agave spirits, food and service
- Makes agave spirits suggestions, presents agave spirits bottles to tables, describing the agave spirits, overseeing service staff and monitoring guest satisfaction
- Must be pleasant, conscientious and professional with excellent knowledge of agave spirits, food and service standards
- Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team, communicate clearly and ensure smooth service operations and quality service
- Host agave spirits events e.g., agave spirits tastings, dinners, tours, etc.
- Gather thorough and accurate information about each agave spirit
- Collaborate with the marketing team to offer new and interesting insights for press consumption and create social media content to drive program awareness
- Maintain a positive, professional image of the hotel/restaurant at all times
- Previous upscale dining leadership experience
- Tequila Level Two - Conocedor certifications preferred
- Complete the required state licensing classes or certifications to serve/sell
- Sophisticated grooming standards, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion and commitment to delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Must be 21+ years and older
- Have working knowledge with social media platforms and tools
- Bilingual is a plus, but not required
- Must be friendly, outgoing, energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It