Scarpetta Philadelphia is hiring a Line Cook to join the team.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards.
- Begin food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over-prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Scarpetta standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set-up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover and date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, and control food waste, loss and usage per Scarpetta standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen tools and equipment.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food and beverage experience required or equivalent training.
Scarpetta offers dazzling park views & modern Italian fare, which make for a fine dining destination in the Rittenhouse Hotel.