Opportunity: Bistro Server
Serve food and/or beverage to guests in a courteous and friendly manner and in accordance with established brand/hotel guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Banquet Server/Captain; Restaurant Supervisor – Restaurant Manager – Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Set up necessary supplies, food, and beverage at the beginning of the shift and maintain a stocked work area at all times.
- Take orders from customers, input orders, obtain payment and provide change.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Prepare food, coffee and other beverages, including alcohol, when necessary.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food, when necessary.
- Perform other food and beverage functions such as bartending and bussing in the event of staff staffing shortages or peak periods.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank in accordance with established policies.
- Clean all equipment and areas, locking equipment doors, etc.
- Abide by state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food and beverage experience or equivalent training required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It