Opportunity: Guest Service Manager
Manage front desk operations according to brand/hotel and sustainability standards, ensuring a guest friendly atmosphere and effective supervision of associates.
Potential Career Path
Director of Guest Services - Assistant General Manager - General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Evaluate employees' job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action.
- Review records or reports pertaining to activities such as occupancy, payroll, and guest service scores to verify details, monitor work activities, evaluate performance and make recommendations for improvements.
- Be aware of and communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
- Prepare and issue work schedules, deadlines, and duty assignments for front office staff.
- Analyze financial activities of department and provide input into budget planning and preparation processes.
- Participate in the work of subordinates to facilitate productivity or to overcome difficult aspects of work.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous front desk experience equivalent training required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It