Opportunity: Legal Assistant (Corporate/Real Estate)
Hersha Hospitality Trust (NYSE: HT) is a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) which owns and operates hotels located in New York, Washington DC, Boston, Philadelphia, Miami and select markets on the West Coast. HT is seeking a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant for its Philadelphia office. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President and Corporate Counsel.
Potential Career Path
Paralegal - Senior Paralegal
Essential Job Functions
- Draft resolutions, corporate formation documents and officer’s and incumbency certificates.
- Prepare documents to maintain the company’s corporate entities in good standing
- Coordinate and manage transactional closings including the preparation of closing checklists, closing documents, and escrow letters; order good standing certificates, title reports, surveys and zoning reports.
- Prepare and coordinate for execution of signature pages for all deal documents
- Review and abstract title reports and material agreements such as leases and franchise agreements.
- Monitor renewal dates for loans, ground leases, franchise agreements and hotel management agreements.
- Assist in preparation of applications for hotel liquor licenses and liquor license renewals.
- Manage and track litigation matters.
- Maintain electronic files and databases for all legal documentation and provide general administrative support.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of applicable work experience and an Associate's Degree.
- Minimum of one to two years of work experience.
- Strong technology skills - proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat, familiarity with Google Docs and PowerPoint.
- Notary license or ability to obtain one (company will pay for certification).
Work Environment and Context
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It