Scarpetta Philadelphia is hiring a Pastry Cook to prepare pastries and baked goods according to recipes and standards. Take pride in the excellence and quality of cuisine, while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Follow recipes to prepare food items accordingly.
- Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Work with staff in preparation of baked goods for A la Carte Restaurant, Brunch, and Banquets.
- Bake breads, rolls, or other baked goods.
- Follow safe food handling procedures and maintain clean and sanitized work areas including cutting boards, counters and work spaces.
- Secure and store food items properly.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow guidelines related to sustainability practices.
- Practice safe work habits and wear protective safety equipment.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Previous culinary experience or equivalent training required.
- Department of Health Sanitation certificate may be required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 20 pounds, bending and reaching.
Scarpetta offers dazzling park views & modern Italian fare, which make for a fine dining destination in the Rittenhouse Hotel.