Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT) is a self-advised Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) that owns interests in 36 hotels, primarily located in major metro and urban centers in New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Miami, and select markets on the West Coast.
The individual will be responsible for directly supporting the SVPs of Asset Management in efforts to enhance and preserve hotels and property’s assets by assessing current strategies and anticipating problems and opportunities, conducting special projects/ROI analysis, developing action plans and reporting to the executive team.
- Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist the SVPs in asset managing a portfolio of hotels with the goal of optimizing asset value and achieving ownership investment objectives.
- Develop and implement short and long-term strategies to optimize the portfolio’s value.
- Work in collaboration with hotels’ executive team and above property leaders to review performance and business plans, assess results, and suggest cost reduction/revenue enhancement initiatives.
- Complete on-site property reviews as requested.
- Keep current on market and industry trends by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of factors including demographics and changes in supply and demand.
- Assist in the analysis of annual operating budgets.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
- The individual has direct exposure with the executive management team and has various possibilities to interact with other REITs, brands, brokerage firms, private equity firms, and investment banks.
- Thorough knowledge of the lodging industry as well as return on investment principles. Experience in other aspects of lodging, hospitality and real estate finance is highly desirable.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management and/or Real Estate Finance.
- 5+ years of experience in hotel operations, real estate, and/or consulting (ideally a combination).
- Ability to analyze STR reports, P&L's, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess superior communication skills, oral and written. Self-motivated, well organized, and results driven professional. Ability to meet deadlines.