Opportunity: Asset Management Analyst
Hersha Hospitality Trust is a $2.5 billion publicly traded (NYSE: HT) real estate investment trust in the hospitality sector, which owns and operates 36 high quality upscale to luxury hotels in urban gateway markets including New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, DC, Miami, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Analysts with Hersha are exposed to many facets of the hospitality industry and work closely with all members of the team, including Hersha’s senior leaders. This combined with Hersha’s entrepreneurial environment make this position a truly unique professional opportunity. Analysts will take ownership of projects starting day one and will be active members of the team.
The individual will be responsible for supporting the SVPs of Asset Management. The main function of this position will be monitoring result, conducting special projects/ROI analysis, reporting results to the executive team, and being the market data expert for the team. The position will also work closely with the HT Acquisitions team.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze income statements, conduct benchmarking analysis, and prepare other analyses related to maximizing revenues and minimizing expenses
- Collect market data and maintain database of all factors affecting markets and submarkets for each hotel and/or portfolio, including demographics and changes in supply and demand
- Analyze data and create high-level presentations for executive team and board of directors
- Participate in on-site property reviews as requested, identify issues and areas of opportunities
- Assist in developing successful strategies and decisions relative to occupancies, ADR's, RevPAR's, daily expenses, etc.
- The Asset Management Analyst has direct exposure with the executive management team and has various possibilities to interact with other REITs, brands, brokerage firms, private equity firms, and investment banks.
- Limited overnight travel.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Qualified candidate must be able to analyze STR reports, P&L's, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint is highly critical.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management and/or Real Estate Finance is a requirement along with 2-3 years of experience in real estate and/or consulting.
- Emphasis placed on strong computer modeling skills and business writing as well as understanding of hotel operations, financial management, and statistical analysis.
- Excellent multi-tasking, analytical, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills. Detail oriented and ability to work independently while prioritizing multiple complex projects.
Work Environment and Context
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.