Opportunity: Director of Business Development
Candidate will identify new business opportunities and secure business for hotels where revenue can be best optimize based on need dates, gaps in pace, market segment needs or changes in market conditions.
Role will be focused on identifying new revenue channels for hotel based on segmentation needs of Group, Consortia, and/or FIT.
Role is based remotely in Boston, MA.
Potential Career Path:
Area Director of Sales; Regional Director of Sales & Marketing
- Locate or proposes potential business – Group, Transient or Catering - deals by contacting potential clients; discovering and exploring new opportunities
- Explore new customers and develop strategies to assist both properties in achieving group and transient sales targets.
- Develop new vertical markets.
- Follow up on any new corporations identified by prospecting local market as potential top producers for hotel/s.
- Negotiate and contract with new accounts and clientele.
- Educate new clients on hotel/s. Stay updated on any upcoming company, brand and hotel initiatives.
- Ensure that RFPs are properly responded to. Follow up to make sure the offer is complete and timely, as well as inquire about closing the business.
- Attend Tradeshows and participate in local networking events for sales opportunities.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews to understand hotel/s business and how you can acquire more.
- Conduct client site visits for hotel to better acquaint new customers. Follow up with client’s after all events held at the hotel for feedback and ask for future business.
- Offer value added services during hotel need periods and low season. Be creative.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements
- Participates in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Planning and preparing presentations.
- Will require candidate to be out of the office 75% soliciting new clients in and conducting site inspections.
- Work with Brand Global Sales Teams and HHM National Sale team to identify new market trends and potential new business for hotel/s.
- Gather market industry data and information regarding trends and business influencers.
- Create positive hotel awareness resulting in generation of new prospects and enquiries.
- Assist hotel/s in open sales positions and transition.
- 4-Year Degree in Business or Hospitality related disciplines.
- Minimum of 3 years of DOS or ADOS experience, preferably in market.
Work Environment and Context
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Requires moderate to extensive travel.
- Hospitality industry standards for client/co-worker interaction and professionalism are expected.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends or alternate shifts.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It