Opportunity: Banquet Captain
Supervise banquet staff during assigned functions, ensuring staff performs in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Assistant Banquet Manager – Assistant Restaurant Manager – Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Check Banquet Staff’s Event Orders to ensure that all information is accurate.
- Check room set-up to see that Banquet Event Order directions are completely followed.
- Act as point of contact for group representatives.
- Communicate all Banquet Event Order changes to catering or convention services office and affected departments.
- Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
- Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions.
- Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers, bartenders, and/or housepersons.
- Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting up, greeting and serving the guest, and breaking down the function.
- Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
- Post all banquet checks at end of the day and turn in to night audit.
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Oversee staff to ensure that proper liquor controls are in use.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous banquet experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 35 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It