Opportunity: Executive Chef
Manage the kitchen operations in accordance with established guest service, food quality and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Director of Food & Beverage – Regional Director of Food & Beverage
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Establish priorities and assign production and preparation tasks to staff to execute.
- Review daily menu specials, banquet event orders and inventory food items for daily use.
- Requisition day’s supplies and ensure they are received and stored correctly. Communicate needs with purchasing and storeroom personnel.
- Ensure quality of products received.
- Meet with the Executive Steward to review equipment needs, banquet plate-up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, and health/safety and sanitation follow-up.
- Ensure each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies,equipment and that recipe cards, production schedules, plating
guides and photography are posted and current.
- Ensure staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, in accordance with department standards.Develop new menu items,
test and write recipes.
- Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct frequent walk-throughs of each kitchen area and direct respective personnel to correct any deficiencies.
- Assist catering department with developing special menus for functions; meet with clients as requested.
- Review sales and food cost daily and ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
- Prepare weekly work schedules for all kitchen personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Degree or certificate in Culinary Arts and/or one to two years’ experience as an Executive Chef.
- Expertise in food product, presentation, quality and preparation along with menu concept and design.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It