Opportunity: Task Force Operations Manager
This opportunity provides a talented leader the chance to showcase his/her experience throughout HHM’s portfolio as a part of the Hotel Operational Support Team (HOST). The Task Force leader will lead and manage the front office and housekeeping teams on property and provide short-term and long-term coverage as needed. This individual is expected to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment and adapt to different projects in full service, luxury, select service, extended-stay, and boutique properties across a variety of industry leading branded and independent hotels.
Potential Career Path
Executive Housekeeper – Operations Manager – Assistant General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas and grounds for cleanliness, appearance and safety.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services and resolve guests’ complaints and concerns.
- Prepare schedules based upon occupancy and assign duties to associates.
- Take inventory and submit periodic inventory orders to insure supplies are purchased in a timely manner.
- Prepare required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Monitor all front office financial operations and ensure front office compliance with accounting controls and procedures.
- Develop, implement and monitor daily, weekly, monthly, and annual department-wide budgets and forecasts. Review, submit for approval, and order capital budget items as required.
- Supervise all guest services department managers.
- Review correspondence from guests and incident logs and direct staff according to information obtained.
- Oversee all vendor and personnel contracts throughout the hotel.
- Monitor occupancy of guest room space to ensure most efficient use and minimize overbooking.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Comply with HHM internal audit standards pertaining to key control and risk management areas (I.E. lost and found, key control, guest room safety).
- Maintain departmental expenses in line with budget as described by General Manager.
- Ensure compliance with specific brand standards.
- Be aware of and communicate service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA standards; wear protective safety equipment and participate in safety committees as directed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of hospitality related experience at a managerial level is required.
- Previous Marriott or Hilton experience.
- Required ability to stay on-site for short-term or long-term coverage.
- Brand and system administrator experience.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- 100% travel to hotels throughout the United States is required.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It