Opportunity: Event Manager
Oversee event functions and coordinate guest activities and/or events in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Banquet Manager or Sales Manager – Food and Beverage Director or Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Support associates by ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Organize and execute guest activities and oversee group catering events.
- Plan and implement daily and monthly event calendar for guests.
- Create and coordinate group meal and meeting functions and agendas.
- Work collaboratively with sales team to ensure coordination of group room blocks.
- Coordinate details of events for meeting rooms, food & beverage and audio visual requirements.
- Oversee in-house events and act as liaison between customer and other hotel departments.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related field preferred.
- Previous event planning/coordination experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It