Opportunity: Banquet Chef
Plan, organize, and direct the work of associates in the banquet kitchen department, ensuring quality food preparation for banquet and catering events. Develop creative and trendy banquet menus and corresponding recipes that result in a high level of guest satisfaction, while meeting food and labor cost metrics.
Potential Career Path
Executive Chef –Food and Beverage Director
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Supervise the production and preparation of food items for banquet functions as stated on banquet event order forms (BEO’s).
- Requisition and order food and other products required to meet BEO specifications.
- Create recipes for banquet and catered functions and train staff to accurately produce banquet food.
- Maintain budgeted food cost.
- Manage staffing levels in accordance with food preparation demands to ensure guest satisfaction and labor cost objectives are met.
- Maintain proper inventory by establishing and enforcing inventory control procedures that enable staff to meet food production requirements.
- Ensure the safe storage of food products to minimize waste and meet food safety standards.
- Maintain cleanliness of all banquet kitchen facilities.
- Ensure kitchen staff has appropriate required certification, licensing and training.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Minimum four years’ banquet production experience with supervisory
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It