Opportunity: Purchasing Agent
Perform purchasing functions to ensure the purchases of products specified in purchase orders. While doing so in accordance with established service and sustainability standards to purchase/receive/delivery supplies to departments throughout the hotel.
Potential Career Path
Purchasing Supervisor - Purchasing Manager - FB Operations
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate with all Department Heads to order all products according to hotel needs, budgets, and specifications.
- Forecast operational needs and schedule deliveries of product to be delivered accordingly.
- Monitor the grades, quantity and quality of products received to ensure they meet the hotel's established standards.
- Receive, maintain, delivery all packages to the appropriate departments as specified.
- Follow Avendra guidelines.
- Follow Birchstreet guidelines.
- Ensure appropriate levels of inventories are maintained to minimize waste and maximize ratio turnover.
- Maintain a clean and organized storage area while securing inventory.
- Monitor Birchstreet to ensure all invoices are received, closed, and paid on time.
- Track Liquor/Beer/Wine costs daily to ensure proper monthly spend levels are met.
- Maintain monthly inventory/daily par level inventory/perpetual inventory.
- Participate in hotel meetings including weekly staff, F&B, and daily meetings.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous purchasing/inventory experience or equivalent training preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It