Opportunity: Accounting Clerk
Verify, obtain approvals and pay invoices; bill and collect outstanding revenue in a timely, accurate manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
Potential Career Path
Staff Accountant/Guest Service Agent – Regional Accountant – Controller
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare cash discrepancy reports.
- Retrieve and process deposits in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain house bank and conduct transactions according to established processes and policies.
- Issue and redeem cashier banks and conduct audits as needed.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements.
- Assist with credit-related activities, including processing of credit applications.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements, and schedules.
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous accounting experience or equivalent training required.
- Proficient in using Excel.
- Knowledge of PMS/accounting systems preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It