Opportunity: Lead Banquet Houseperson
Supervise banquet housemen with a focus on set ups and cleanliness of meeting rooms, back of house and service areas in accordance with established standards.
Potential Career Path
Assistant Banquet Manager – Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Check all BEO’s for set up information and requirements.
- Oversee set up and breakdown of meeting rooms and events according to Banquet Event Orders.
- Ensure the department is adequately stocked with all meeting room and cleaning supplies.
- Inform Manager when items are needed to purchase, or order directly from purchasing.
- Coach and support all housemen ensuring associates perform in accordance with standards and consistent HHM standards of conduct.
- Transport heavy and awkward materials such as staging tables, chairs dance floors to and from storage to meeting rooms in a safe manner.
- Break down and clean meeting rooms as necessary.
- Maintain an established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms.
- Maintain an established cleaning schedule for all storage rooms.
- Communicate meeting room deficiencies directly to the Banquet Director or Banquet Manager.
- Respond to guest requests for service, changes in room sets, and assist with information requests regarding other areas of the hotel.
- Engage guests to offer assistance and to check on satisfaction.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment where necessary.
- Create and utilize a preventive maintenance report for all banquet equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous banquet experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 35 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It