Opportunity: Assistant Engineer
Perform preventative and repair maintenance work to ensure hotel is maintained according to established quality and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Assistant Chief Engineer – Chief Engineer - Engineering Supervisor– Chief Engineer
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
- Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures, replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
- Repair furniture.
- Install, replace and program televisions.
- Perform minor plumbing functions.
- Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
- Trace and repair all types of water lines.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Work as a bell attendant in the event of staffing shortages or during peak check/in out periods.
- Follow Service Recovery Guidelines.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and comply with MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma Trade school course work in related field preferred.
- Previous engineer/maintenance experience or equivalent training required.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, kneeling, stooping, crawling and climbing.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It