Opportunity: Front Office Director
Manage hotel front office operations in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Assistant General Manager – General Manager – Area General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee front office departments to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality are provided to hotel guests.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and brand standards and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints, and anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
- Monitor all front of the house financial operations and ensure front office compliance with accounting controls and procedures.
- Develop, implement and monitor daily, weekly, monthly, and annual department-wide budgets and forecasts. Review, submit for approval, and order capital budget items as required.
- Supervise all front of the house department managers.
- Review correspondence from guests and incident logs and direct staff according to information obtained.
- Oversee all vendor and personnel contracts throughout the hotel.
- Monitor occupancy of guest room space to ensure most efficient use and minimize overbooking.
- Oversee the property accounting functions including but not limited to Accounts payable and receivables, house bank audits, petty cash as it relates to the front office.
- Coordinate with corporate accounting department to oversee payroll functions.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Interact with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and improve maximum occupancy and rates.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure optimum performance.
- Serve on the hotel’s safety committee.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of overall hotel operations.
- Large hotel experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It