Opportunity: Housekeeping Manager
Manage housekeeping operations in accordance with established guest service, quality and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Executive Housekeeper – Operations Manager – Assistant General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas and grounds for cleanliness, appearance and safety.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services and resolve guests’ complaints and concerns.
- Prepare schedules based upon occupancy and assign duties to associates.
- Take inventory and submit periodic inventory orders to insure supplies are purchased in a timely manner.
- Prepare required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions.
- Be aware of and communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Comply with HHM internal audit standards pertaining to key control and risk management areas (I.E. lost and found, key control, guest room safety).
- Maintain departmental expenses in line with budget as described by General Manager.
- Ensure compliance with specific brand standards.
- Be aware of and communicate service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA standards; wear protective safety equipment and participate in safety committees as directed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year previous housekeeping supervisor experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It