Opportunity: Accounting Clerk/Accounts Receivable
Verify, obtain approvals and pay invoices; bill and collect outstanding revenue in a timely, accurate manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
Potential Career Path
Staff Accountant – Regional Accountant – Controller
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, issue demand letters, monitor returned checks and charge backs, perform collection calls and prepare bad debt write-offs.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements and schedules.
- Ensure proper internal control by monitoring the guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related subsidiary ledgers.
- Assist in establishing customer credit in policies and procedures, to include but not limited to the application process, reference checks, credit limits, direct bill listing, deposit requirements and other credit related activities.
- Respond effectively to customer inquiries in a timely fashion and communicate all issues and/or disputes to operating departments and supervisor.
- Monitor and prepare financial reports.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous accounting experience or equivalent training required.
- Proficient in using Excel.
- Knowledge of PMS/accounting systems preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It