Opportunity: Accounts Payable Specialist - Capital Projects
Assist with financial and administrative functions as it relates to construction management for various hotel renovation and development projects.
Potential Career Path
Capital Projects Finance Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Collect, sort, code, file, review, and submit weekly accounts payable documents for proper internal approvals.
- Review invoices to ensure no duplicates and confirm accuracy of dates and amounts.
- Reconcile and accrue taxes on invoices as needed.
- Reconcile weekly accounts payable against available draw funds.
- Assist with the preparation of ownership draws for cash flow.
- Prepare new vendor forms and submit appropriate documentation when required.
- Reconcile expense reports and allocate to projects accordingly.
- Research vendor and field inquiries for vendor payments.
- Obtain all necessary lien waivers associated with project, payment, and lender requirements.
- Review and reconcile FF&E forecasts, invoices, and payments.
- Reconcile capital general ledgers monthly to ensure accurate accounting entries match draw requests.
- Reconcile and report revenue for Finance Manager approval and submission.
- Review and assist with tax inquiries for projects.
- Assist in preparing construction contract documents as well as file and maintain executed contracts.
- Ensure appropriate signatures and documentation are obtained as required.
- Work with project managers to obtain capital project updates and compile the report for review and distribution.
- Handle contract administration to gather and assemble paperwork submitted by Project Manager’s to legal.
- Administrative duties: answering phones, filing, assist with generating various reports.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Two-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Ideal candidate must possess accounting/finance experience. Working knowledge of Solomon accounting software a plus.
- Strong knowledge in Excel, Power Point, and Word is essential.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work well within a deadline driven environment.
- Good organizational skills necessary to maintain and follow-up on administrative functions to include generating reports, updating schedules, tracking payments.
Work Environment and Context
- Most job functions will be performed in an office setting, but occasional travel to work sites that are under construction may be required.
- Requires standing and sitting for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, kneeling, stooping, crawling and climbing, and using hands and fingers to operate computer and mechanical equipment.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It