Opportunity: Kitchen Manager
Supervise set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and ensure food quality, set-up and service are in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Sous Chef – Head Chef
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Inspect daily use records with the Executive Chef or Sous Chef to ensure estimates are completed correctly and associates follow these estimates.
- Pull all food needed for daily production from walk-in box and utilize all leftovers.
- Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all areas of the kitchen. Turn in the daily cleaning checklist and strictly enforce the "clean as you go" policy.
- Inspect all work stations and ensure proper set-up for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
- Prepare daily production charts.
- Attend associate meetings, offer suggestions on how to solve associate problems.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Any combination of education, training, and/or experience which demonstrates ability to perform the required duties.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It