Opportunity: Assistant General Manager of Restaurant and Bars
Oversee management and direction of restaurant operations in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Restaurant General Manager OR Food and Beverage Director
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Lead, motivate and create a fun, collaborative, harassment free work environment.
- Implement detailed and ongoing training programs, establishing goals for team members, holding each accountable for the outlets success.
- Ensure that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Ensure that the restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and associates.
- Resolve guest complaints and coordinate with other department leaders to resolve service delivery or quality breakdowns.
- Promote higher Guest Satisfaction Survey results and exceed company based bench line criteria by uncovering and resolving inconsistencies in FOH serving practices.
- Exceed Marriott Brand Standard Guidelines each year for Food & Beverage Department.
- Pass Annual Experiential Audit as conducted by Marriott.
- Receive/review deliveries.
- Document inventory forecast usage and monitor supply.
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Participate in restaurant marketing efforts , create menu ideas, survey competition report food trends, and assist in preparation of specials.
- Process, review, and audit BOH and FOH payroll in HHM’s Ultipro System.
- Input and reconcile FOH tips daily.
- Manage employee schedules and punch clocks to eliminate unnecessary labor overages.
- Reconcile daily audit materials. (i.e. timesheet authorizations, perpetual inventories, void transaction reports, cash drops, and guest ledger entries).
- Collaborate between operating departments to ensure that all areas of the hotel are advised of actions, programs and initiatives happening in the Food & Beverage Outlets.
- Ensure F&B Outlets and Departmental associated abide by and are in compliance with the HHM Accounting Audit guidelines and standards.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- 3-6 years restaurant management experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It