Opportunity: Bistro Supervisor
Coordinate, and supervise the set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and ensure food quality in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Kitchen Manager – Bar Manager – Restaurant Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Assign and direct kitchen associates to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Inspect daily use records with the Executive Chef or Sous Chef so as to make sure that estimates are filled in correctly and associates are following these estimates.
- Pull all food needed for daily production from walk-in box and utilize all leftovers.
- Attend all associates meetings, come up with sound suggestions on solving associate problems, and promote and maintain effective communication between all of the food production areas within the kitchen.
- Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all areas in the kitchen. Turn in the daily cleaning checklist and strictly enforce the "clean as you go" policy.
- Inspect all work stations including the associate’s cafeteria.
- Prepare daily production charts.
- Support quality assurance improvement process
- Encourage and develop upselling strategies to achieve financial success
- Implement incentive programs to support goals of department
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of BOH Restaurant Experience.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 250 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It