Opportunity: Data Integration Analyst
The Data Integration Analyst obtains, analyzes, transforms and loads data from multiple sources and systems, both structured and unstructured, into a data warehouse utilizing Microsoft SQL and MySQL technologies. The Data Integration Analyst will work closely with our data engineer to maintain the current ETL processes, build new processes, document data flow and existing developed applications around the ETL process, and implement improved ETL technologies. Performance optimization is a key part of this work.
Potential Career Path
Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Business Systems Manager - IT Director
The Data Integration Analyst is an integral part of the business systems team and is directly responsible for maintaining our ETL process and data pipelines, developing and maintaining system interfaces, creating and supporting business analytics and dashboard reporting systems & infrastructure, and supporting a mix of business applications.
Candidates for this role must have 1-3+ years of professional experience directly supporting Microsoft SQL, dotNet (C# and VB). Experience with MySQL and with integrating systems through common interfacing technologies such as SOAP, XML, and JSON is preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes and implements tools and processes to push and pull data between applications.
- Consults with business, IT and third-party resources to identify and document the business reporting needs.
- Identifies and conducts discovery meetings as needed to uncover all details needed to create a complete detailed Business Requirements Document (BRD) or Report Requirements Document (RRD) as appropriate.
- Conducts sidebar research of data, data sources and destinations, report format preferences, and report delivery options as needed to include in the BRD/RRD.
- Analyzes functional requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve systems.
- Creates, maintains and manages business description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify systems, including BRD/RRD and supporting documents, diagrams, data and database specifications, etc.
- Assists with development and testing phases of projects as needed.
- Assemble large and small , complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Expertise in SQL and MySQL database management.
- Expertise in creating T-SQL and ANSI SQL queries (for MS-SQL and MySQL) and configuration and tuning of MySQL.
- Expertise with dotNet (C#, VB).
- Strong written communication for documentation, training, and processes.
- Analytical / problem solving skills.
- Understanding of the concepts behind data management in a relational database.
- Database performance tuning, break/fix, space management, backup and recovery.
- Act as a technical lead on projects.
- Agile Project methodology experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It