Opportunity: Business Travel Sales Manager
Responsible for the development of revenue for corporate transient sales via proactive sales efforts in retaining and developing corporate travel relationships within the market. Responsible for all sales efforts and ongoing relationship building as it relates to transient room segments for travel managers, local negotiated accounts, and government accounts.
Potential Career Path
Senior Sales Manager – Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce repeat transient business, while continuing to identify, qualify, and solicit new accounts from the local transient accounts in the immediate market.
- Concentrate effort in selling rooms and suites; responsible for targeted revenue goals.
- Conduct sales visits and maintain good working relationship with corporate travel managers, procurement officers, business travel agents and high end leisure agents.
- Prepare proposals and contracts in timely fashion.
- Maintain hotel relationships with key accounts to increase customer satisfaction and account revenue.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Articulate and leverage the benefits of the hotel to close sales opportunities.
- Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
- Collaborate with revenue manager to ensure rates are secured.
- Generate new ideas for new promotions, partnerships and strategic alliances to build visibility and revenue opportunities.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- 2-3 years sales experience, preferably in the hospitality industry; preferably corporate sales.
- College degree in hospitality or business administration is preferred.
- In-market experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GDS systems, current relationships with Key TMC offices a plus.
- Proficiency in hospitality software including; Lanyon, Hotelligence, RFP Process', and RTB bids and re-bids.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays and weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Moderate travel between hotel and client’s locations required.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It