Opportunity: Reservations Supervisor
Oversee and respond to telephone, email and internet inquiries, and employ sales techniques in order to secure and process reservations for guest accommodations in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Reservations Manager – Front Office Supervisor – Front Office Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Answer the telephone and greet prospective guests in a friendly manner. Respond to callers’ inquiries and requests.
- Respond to email and internet inquiries promptly and accurately.
- Provide accurate information regarding availability, accommodation types, and transportation to and from hotel, room rates and hotel amenities.
- Assign reservations based on guest preferences and availability; provide confirmation number.
- Input and retrieve data using the computer reservation system utilizing codes for efficiency.
- Answer questions regarding hotel facilities and services, airline partnerships, local attractions, directions, etc.
- Communicate applicable deposit and guarantee policies as requested.
- Handle complaints in a tactful manner and negotiate resolutions such as alternative accommodations when hotel is sold out.
- Promote Hersha Hospitality and brand-specific marketing programs.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It