Opportunity: Accounting Manager
Oversee and perform hotel accounting functions and personnel to ensure consistent compliance with accounting standards and regulations
Potential Career Path
Assistant Controller – Controller – Regional Director of Accounting
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Plan and organize the work of the hotel accounting team, adjusting priorities as needed to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Review all ledger account reconciliations to include: bank statements, assets, liabilities and credit cards.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Review invoices for goods and services and sign disbursement checks.
- Monitor coding of cash receipts.
- Prepare utility and telephone accruals monthly.
- Coordinate and review monthly financial statements for accuracy.
- Provide research, analysis and insight into financial trends, statistical ratios, variance, budgeting and forecasting.
- Administers house banks and conduct audits.
- Coordinate with corporate accounting department to monitor payroll
- Monitor records of inventory to control accuracy of supply distribution.
- Review tax returns to ensure compliance with state and federal
- Prepare annual depreciation schedules for furniture, equipment,
building supplies, revisions and alterations.
- Assist with human resources needs when requested by management.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Previous accounting in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including advanced skills in Excel.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working past normal scheduled work time, holidays and weekends if required to meet accounting deadlines.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It