Opportunity: Regional Director of Sales
Maximizing the total revenue and revenue penetration for a region of hotels to include the oversight of the sales teams through an active and intimate role in working with the property or area DOS’s.
Potential Career Path
Vice President of Sales and Marketing – Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Work with the property level sales and revenue teams to review the short and long term revenue forecasts, review the weekly and monthly forecast critiques, identifying areas of opportunity and strategies to improve the revenue and profitability of the properties.
- Lead, direct and motivate local sales teams that book business into assigned hotels.
- Assist hotel in meeting or exceeding assigned revenue goals, primarily, but not limited to: Rooms, F&B, Meeting Room Rental, and RevPAR Index.
- In conjunction with hotel staff, develops plans, special sales activities, and promotions and monitor return on investment of sales and marketing action plans and promotions.
- Oversee on property sales production and performance measurement in close collaboration w/ property GM's.
- Direct marketing communications efforts with emphasis on leisure packaging, supported by aggressive SEO, banner and email blast campaigns to drive lower cost web bookings.
- Develop short and long-term strategic marketing plans for all segments and sources of business.
- Prepare and manage annual sales and marketing pans and budget expense management (both area and on-property).
- Ensure the proper execution and implementation of all Hersha standards, tools, and systems.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional/advanced degree coursework in business administration, marketing and communications a plus.
- Previous experience overseeing sales for multiple properties with operations experience preferred.
- Public relations and community marketing experience required.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word, Delphi and access database tools.
Work Environment and Context
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Moderate travel between hotels and client locations required.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It