Opportunity: Banquet Supervisor
Supervise the operation for all dining services. Ensure that all activities are consistent with and support of the banquet & catering standards. Assist the Director of Banquets in aiding the staff to meet their job expectations.
Potential Career Path
Food and Beverage Manager – Banquet Director - Food and Beverage Director
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with training, scheduling, and coaching associates.
- Support Banquet director in daily operations of banquet & catering through developing a high energy, guest service focused team through leading employees in customer service and managing resources.
- Monitor guests service in meeting, conference, breaks and dining experience and take action to ensure service goals and satisfaction levels are attained.
- Support and demonstrate banquet & catering standards, ensuring that guest service is always in the forefront of the banquet operation and implementing plans to improve service levels with measurable goals and benchmarks.
- Collaborate with banquet chef to improve food expediting process for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Maintain a strong presence by visiting every meeting space at least once during the experience.
- Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our customers and associates.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently presented and served according to the restaurant’s and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, and quality, appearance of facility, sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and by creating a positive and productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with banquet policies and procedures.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are always meeting guest expectations.
- Continuously strives to develop staff and follow up opening & closing check lists.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Cohesive planning beverage ordering, serving inventory process.
- Maintain beverage inventory process, and avoid pilferage and waste.
- Always maintain accuracy of the billing and cash transaction process.
- Keep front of the house and back of the house areas cleaned and organized as per department standards.
- Communicate operational information to associates in a timely manner.
- High School or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in supervisory role in a restaurant or banquet setting.
- Possess or have ability to obtain Food Handlers and Tips Certification within six months of commencement of employment.
- Experience with point of sales system strongly preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge with the ability to use Word and Excel.
- Must have working knowledge of types of room set-ups, capacities to relation-type of event.
- Must have interpersonal and sales-related skills.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working varied shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing up to 198.5 pounds, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- On occasion, work in freezers (temperatures of -10°F) and kitchens (of 90°F) for one or more hours.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It