Opportunity: Director of Catering
Optimize catering sales and achieve guest satisfaction in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Director of Food & Beverage – Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Analyze banquet event orders, to ensure that all room set-ups, equipment, supplies, staffing and menus meet/exceed customer's expectations.
- Recommend, implement, monitor, and control the banquet budget and coordinate with event budgets to maximize revenue and minimize expenses.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with sales and convention services, special packages, and create new menus and themes within corporate guidelines.
- Ensure that Hersha’s cash handling policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Monitor and control the maintenance of the meeting space and equipment to protect hotel assets and ensure a safe work environment.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related sales experience in hospitality industry
- Knowledge of food/wine is essential.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching stooping kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It