Opportunity: Security Officer
Perform protective and enforcement functions in a friendly and courteous manner to maintain a safe and secure hotel environment.
Potential Career Path
Security Supervisor/Manager – Director of Security
Essential Job Functions
- Patrol designated hotel areas.
- Respond to disturbances and emergency situations.
- Maintain daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and employee incidents.
- Prepare incident and other reports and communicate all related information to hotel management.
- Access secured areas for authorized personnel.
- Complete incident/accident reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Escort guests to their rooms or assist guest’s w/entry into their rooms according to hotel standards.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Monitor TV cameras, if applicable.
- Perform bell person tasks and assist guests with luggage.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Prior security experience desirable.
- CPR/First Aid preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching and climbing stairs.
- This is a graveyard shift- 11pm-7am. 2 days per week.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It