Opportunity: Night Manager
Supervise and manage hotel departments and oversee hotel operations as directed during night shift.
Potential Career Path
Director of Front Office – Director of Rooms –Assistant General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee hotel departments to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality are provided to hotel guests.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and brand standards and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, associates and other departments.
- Monitor and support the brand loyalty program plus all food and beverage programs.
- Conduct walk-throughs of public areas and guest rooms to ensure that cleanliness and maintenance standards are met.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain brand’s standard operating procedure in its use.
- Resolve customer complaints, and anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
- Oversee the property accounting functions including but not limited to Accounts payable and receivable, house bank audits, petty cash, and tax.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Interact with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure optimum performance.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow
MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous Front Office experience in a supervisory or management capacity in a mid-scale or luxury property is required.
- Customer service and general computer experience required.
- Property Management Software experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.