Opportunity: Director of Housekeeping
Oversee all hotel housekeeping operations and supervise personnel to ensure the housekeeping department operates in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Area Director of Housekeeping – Assistant General Manager – General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, and grounds for cleanliness, appearance, and safety.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services and resolve guests’ complaints and concerns.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Prepare schedules based upon occupancy and assign duties to workers; schedule shifts or notify vendor of weekly staffing needs.
- Take inventory and submit periodic inventory orders to ensure supplies are purchased in a timely manner.
- Prepare required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions.
- Be aware of and communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the operation of the department or the hotel.
- Comply with HHM internal audit standards pertaining to key control and risk management areas (I.E. lost and found, key control, and guest room safety).
- Maintain positive working relationships with vendors and third party contract labor.
- Maintain departmental expenses in line with budget as described by General Manager.
- Ensure compliance with specific brand standards.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA standards; wear protective safety equipment and participate in safety committees as directed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two years previous housekeeping supervisor experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends or occasional alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It