Opportunity: Banquet Houseperson
Set up, break down, and service meeting rooms in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Banquet Server – Banquet Captain – Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Set up meeting rooms according to banquet event order forms and documents to ensure set up meets guest expectations.
- Transport awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms in a safe manner using proper equipment.
- Break down meeting rooms and return banquet items to storage closet in a neat and organized fashion.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms ensuring rooms are presentable at all times.
- Respond to guest requests for service changes in room set up and assist with information requests regarding other areas of the hotel.
- Handle guest complaints personally or if necessary seek assistance from supervisor.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous banquet set up or customer service experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on alternate shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, pushing, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It