Opportunity: Outlet Manager
Oversee management and direction of all outlets including Restaurant, Room Service, Lounge / Bar, Concierge / Executive Lounge, Private Dining experiences and Starbucks Cafe in accordance with established guest service, brand standards and sustainability initiatives.
Potential Career Path
Food and Beverage Director - Area Food & Beverage Director – Assistant General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Ensure that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Ensure that the restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and associates.
- Resolve guest complaints and coordinate with other department leaders to resolve service delivery or quality breakdowns.
- Check that all equipment is in working order.
- Follow up on work orders so repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
- Document inventory forecast usage and monitor supply.
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Oversee serving staff to ensure proper liquor controls are in place and all Hersha cash handling policies and procedures are followed. Comply with all Hersha accounting policies in order to ensure SOX compliance.
- Participate in marketing efforts of restaurants, create menu ideas, survey competition and report food trends, and assist in preparation of specials.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Servicing banquets and all inhouse functions.
- Work with the Room Service hotel staff to ensure excellent coverage and services for all employees and guests.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability - Hearts That Serve - Only Excellence - Stay Nimble - Own It