Opportunity: Front Desk Manager
Manage front desk operations to ensure staff meets company operational standards while providing the highest level of guest service.
Potential Career Path
Front Office Manager – Rooms Division Manager – Assistant General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee all front office operations in the absence of the Assistant General Manager.
- Remain an active participant at the front desk, including checking in/out guests, preparing bills and handling guest requests.
- Resolve guest complaints and concerns by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions.
- Respond to brand Guest Alerts for resolution as needed.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Participate in lobby ambassador and other activities related to interacting with guests on an individual level. Thus creating a relationship and culture that will result in repeat stays.
- Assist in hotel food and beverage when needed, where applicable.
- Assist in monitoring of front office financial operations and ensure front office compliance with accounting controls and procedures.
- Assist in development, implementation and monitoring of daily, weekly, monthly, and annual department-wide budgets and forecasts.
- Review correspondence from guests and incident logs; direct staff according to information obtained.
- Review all brand correspondence for updates to procedures and standards and ensure all is communicated to the staff.
- Ensure front office supplies and merchandise for the gift shop and or market are fully stocked, and inventory is maintained.
- Work with the Sales office to ensure group resumes and group rooming lists are inputted and maintained.
- Monitor occupancy of guest room space to ensure most efficient use and minimize overbooking.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years hospitality related experience, including front desk operations experience.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It