Opportunity: Chief Engineer
Manage general and preventative maintenance functions to ensure guest service and sustainability standards are achieved and maintained throughout the hotel structure.
Potential Career Path
Area Chief Engineer – Regional Director of Engineering
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
- Manage and coordinate bids, quotes and contracts for 3rd party vendors.
- Oversee small projects, or PIPS, and manage and report on the work progress.
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
- Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures. Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs, and fixtures.
- Install, replace, and program televisions.
- Perform minor plumbing functions.
- Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a scheduled basis and complete work orders as necessary; keep accurate records of PM’s on all rooms and equipment.
- Maintain the building exterior and “curb appeal” of entire hotel grounds
- Refurbish, paint and finish furniture and fixtures as needed.
- Test, examine, and maintain hotel’s life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records and coordinate compliance of service contracts.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma and/or trade school course work in related field preferred.
- Previous supervisory engineer/maintenance experience required or equivalent training.
- Certifications may be required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends or alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It