Opportunity: Banquet Server
Set up banquet rooms and serve food and/or beverages in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Banquet Captain – Assistant Banquet Manager –Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Set up banquet room as instructed by supervisor.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Respond to guest special requests and resolve guest complaints.
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits; wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Food service experience a plus.
- Ability to remember and recite menu items.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 35 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It